Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recovery Week

Recovery week was well needed. The 9 mile run during week 3 along with the 54 mile bike ride put my hamstrings in a "tight" position for two days.  The cycle we are on calls for a recovery week every 4th week.  The idea is after building your workouts for 3 weeks the body needs rest so it can effectively gain throughout the 20 week process.  

On Tuesday my training partner had a blow out.  It was only the second time he had rode his new bike, so it was a big disappointment.  Luckily I had my phone on me.  I gave my sister-in-law a call, and then she woke up Hilary who was able to pick us up.  We decided to do a celebration dance when she pulled into the parking lot.  These dance moves ended up on Facebook.  

Today's bike ride went well. I am finding it easier to maintain a 20+ mph while I'm cycling, which is a good thing this early into the cycle.  No significant updates thus far.  God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment